"City Biker" 16x20" Acrylic
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014
|"Ray's Pizza Route" 16x20" Acrylic Purchase Info|
It's memorial day. 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. I catch a scent of barbecues, and hear the faint sound of oldies playing on a radio... all this from my open studio window. Here I am, painting away. This is my idea of a holiday. I gave up pretending to be like everyone else a long time ago. That being said, I do have other ideas - but this one ranks way up there.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Monday, May 19, 2014
|"Tuscan Church" 6x6" Acrylic on Canvas SOLD|
Friday, May 9, 2014
|"Latte Break at the Met" 8x10" Oil (Sold)|
Posted by Patti Mollica at 4:58 PM
Thursday, May 8, 2014
|"Ivory Teapot" Acrylic 8x8" Purchase Info|
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
|"Delivery Dude" 16x20" Oil Purchase Info|
Saturday, May 3, 2014
|"Text Stop" 16x20" Oil on Canvas Purchase Info|
I have several workshops coming up...
- Paint Fast, Loose and Bold in St. Michaels Md, June 3,4,5 2014. For information contact Valerie Sunderland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paint Fast, Loose and Bold in Syracuse, NY, June 21,22,23 2014. For information contact Linda Cohen, email@example.com
- Let's Paint the colors of Tuscany in Cortona, Italy, September 24 - Oct. 1 2014. For more info, including the full week's itinerary click here.
Friday, May 2, 2014
|Click to see sample previews of each video|
I'm happy to announce that my 3 videos about painting fast, loose and bold are available for purchase at the North Light Shop. They were released in February 2014. In the videos I cover my methods and processes for painting with big brushes, thick paint and in a speedy manner.
Each dvd covers a different lesson:
- Value Techniques - how to design and create value plans (using black, white and grey) as the springboard for an interesting composition. Any good painting rests on a solid value structure.
- Brushwork Techniques - learn exercises that lead to lively, gestural application of the paint for a bold, contemporary look. I demo brushwork methods in several small paintings.
- Color Techniques - how to use various harmonic schemes based on color combinations derived from the color wheel. I demo 4 paintings using various color schemes
In a soon to-be-posted blog post, I will answer some common questions that I have received from many people such as "How do you keep your acrylics wet and juicy for so long?" And "what is that container you keep your paints in?" Stay tuned for answers to those questions and others.
Posted by Patti Mollica at 8:57 PM