Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rooster Painting Demonstrations

"Rooster 1"  Acrylic, 12x12"  $250  Click to Buy
"Rooster 2"  Acrylic, 12x12"  $250  Click to Buy

I was invited to do a painting demonstration on Friday night at the National Arts League in New York. The demo was to be from 8-10 pm.  I knew in advance this may be a problem, so I came prepared.  The first demo was finished in about 20 minutes.  I brought out my second canvas and jumped into the next painting, done in about 1/2 hour. Since I teach "how to paint fast, loose and bold" I figured it's a good idea to practice what I preach. There was plenty of time left over for coffee and cookies, Q and A, general chit chat about current museum shows, etc.
The demo was started with a 2 " flat brush and ended with a liner, to put the small highlights on the rooster's red "crown".  Below are some photos taken by Suzie Alvey, which made me realize I have a habit of sticking out my tongue while I paint. I guess there are worse habits, right?







10 comments:

David B. Foster said...

Beautiful as always Patti!
David Foster
Waverly Artists Group, Cary, NC

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

You have such a beautiful clear style here!

Patti Mollica said...

Thanks Dave and Sue!!

Bruce Bingham said...

You're cute when you stick out your tongue! Love the roosters!

Patti Vincent said...

Lucky Art League! You and your roosters look wonderful.

Deborah L. Taylor said...

Beautiful! I love your clear, rich style!

Unknown said...

Great Couple of the Universe. Good Art you must get your "personalised photo gift

Cheers!

Gruhakhoj.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ricardokeith said...

Very pretty as always! These paintings are just perfect for the decoration of my new home. You know I purchased couple of Aboriginal Art paintings too. Well, are you interested in selling these two paintings?

zerry ht said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.