Thursday, September 29, 2011

Seeing Double


I've really enjoyed painting this "Martini Series". The tricky thing about capturing these cocktails is that if my stance moves even a fraction of an inch to the left or right, the reflections and colors change completely. Its a bit "crazy making". I start questioning myself, 'didn't I just see a mid-value amber colored spot in the upper left area of the glass ... or was that my imagination? Then I have to reposition myself and start searching for it, or move on and wonder where it went - or if it actually existed. I also have to remind myself what was my reason for painting this particular set up. In this case it was the double image of the olive pimento being reflected up into the top surface. A subtle little gorgeous spot of red to break up the sea of cool colors... its a good enough reason for me. Now... where is that amber spot hiding?

Seeing Double
12x12" Acrylic on Canvas
Price on Request

3 comments:

Giselle Vidal McMenamin said...

Lol,Too funny. Love the piece and title!

Jerry Stocks said...

You are one amazing artist. Love the olive reflection!!!

Patti Mollica said...

Thanks you guys!! glad you like it :-)