Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Painting Demo and Student Work

"Yellow Tulips"  Demo  8x8"  Acrylic  (SOLD)
Here is my painting demo from Day 2 of the workshop. I always time the demos, because the name of the workshop is "how to paint fast, loose and bold", so I have to be aware of living up to the title. It took 23 minutes from start to finish.
Below is a painting from one the so-called "beginner" students. I have included the still life reference so you can see how she interpreted it. Is this painting cool or what? Love the stylization and color translation.





4 comments:

CynD222 said...

This looks like so much fun. Where can I find details on upcoming workshops?

Unknown said...

I attended this workshop in Greenville, NY. Patti is an excellent teacher. I came home with many new "tools" to apply to my painting. She really shares her knowledge in a fun and understandable way! Thanks so much! I do have one question. I put my paints in a need box. You suggested putting a couple of drops of ?? something in the paints when I start to use them each time. Was it Open acrylic medium? Or Open acrylic thinner?
Thanks, MJ hadley

Patti Mollica said...

Hi CynD
see the upper right hand corner of my blog, top of page, you'll see workshops listed

Patti Mollica said...

Hi Mary Jane!
it was so great to work with you. Yes, a few drops of Open acrylic medium in each compartment will help to keep your paints moist. I just started doing that, altho for years I never put anything in the compartments other than the paint. You can also store the bead box in a 2 gallon zip lock bag with a wet paper towel floating around in it for extra moisture.
Keep up the great work, Mary Jane, and happy painting !