Friday, December 23, 2011

Incredible Edible



Yesterday my students brought in amazing stuff to eat and drink for our Holiday celebration class. Crab quiche, cookies galore, exotic cheeses and dips, champagne, wine, etc. While I was shopping for some treats to bring in too, I saw this lone delectable pastry sitting all by itself on a deli shelf. In typical form, my natural inclination is to paint it rather than eat it. I did a demo on paper, having forgotten to bring a better support to work on. Its almost impossible to do a really bad painting when your subject is so spectacular. Hmmm, maybe more pastry paintings are in my near future...

Incredible Edible
8x8" Acrylic on Paper

6 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

Patti, not only is the painting incredible, but you are one incredible artist. Happy Holidays!!!

Nancy Colella said...

You go Wayne Thibaud! I love you. Happy holidays!

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

gorgeous. You'd go crazy with the Parisian pastries.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Stunning! And makes me want to grab my paints - or eat some cake... I can't tell which!

Jody Regan said...

Clean, great brushwork. I like the arrangement of the cake in the rectangle. Feels big, but small.

Patti Mollica said...

Kelly and Jody, thanks for the comments. I think I am going to do a pastry series. I've been stuck for a few days on what series to paint next...i think sweets are on the menu!