Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkins



How did life get so busy? Its a good thing I paint fast, seems like the only time I get to indulge is in between teaching gigs and planet earth responsibilites. Which is barely enough time to set up a still life and pull out the paints. I had set up this little still life set up yesterday for my students, and by the time class is over and we've scrutinized the colors, the shapes, the values, and everything else possible, I "know" the subject so well I'm ready to paint it myself. But as life often has it, I don't have the luxury of even an hour to sink my teeth into it, usually there is something else nipping at my schedule that requires immediate attention. That was the case yesterday, and by the time I got to focus on it, it was 11 PM. By midnight I was done, tired in a good way, and feeling that nice warm glow of finally having fed my ravenous painting appetite. Next order of importance, feed my growling stomach - cap the paint, heat the oven, pop a Sam Adams, and sink my teeth into a nice hot pizza.

Pumpkins
6x6" Acrylic on Canvas
For more information or to purchase, contact: patti@mollicastudio.com

4 comments:

circa said...

Oh my Gourd! Those are terrific. Thanks so much for taking time to show how it's done.
Beth

circa said...

Oh my gourd! Those are terrific. Thanks for showing us how it's done.
Beth F.
PS-Think I'll stick with lemon segments.

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

I love those pumpkins!

patti mollica said...

Thanks Angie and Beth - these little pumpkin/gourds/or whatever they are were too cute to pass up. Then again, its easy to look at everything that way, even a can of WD-40. Once the ol' visual floodgates open up, its all great painting material :-).