Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pink Tulip in Glass Bottle -2


Pink tulips are my all time favorite flower, I could paint them forever. There is something about that hot fuschia pink contrasting with the vibrant yellow- green of the stems. Those stems - so beautiful in their simple, graceful tubular way. It sure works for me.

Pink Tulip in a Glass Bottle - 2
6x6" Oil on Gessoboard
Click to Bid
Your comments are welcome! Please share them with the group via the comment link on the blog page (-rather than by email). How? Click on the link that goes to the actual blog page, then click on the "comment" link. Thanks!

3 comments:

Barbara Pearn said...

Wow I love the really soft colours of this painting. Fabulous.

Patti Mollica said...

Thanks Barbara - sometimes it seems intimidating to try and capture something in nature that is already so beautiful but its too alluring to pass up!

Angela Sullivan said...

The pink you used is brilliant. I can never get a pink this awesome. I love the way you handled it The flower is perfect,the vase is perfect and yes that green stem wonderful.