Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue Man Group

Blue Man Group 12x12" Acrylic

Here is another painting from my NYC Plein Air Painting project. I kept noticing that a lot of men were wearing those deep blue shirts, such a pretty color! They must be in fashion now. Someone asked me in an email why I did these NYC Paintings. It was basically a commission in which the Bryant Park Corporation chose 4 artists to depict the setting, over a 2 week period. We each had a different two week time slot. We were allowed to paint anywhere we chose in the 2 square block area of 40 to 42nd St, between 5th and 6th Avenues. The only stipulation is that we be present all day, painting plein air. Two of the days it rained, and I will show those paintings in my next posts. For the other days, it was mostly sunny, verrry hot. The paintings I did during that time became their property, as part of their collection, to display as they wished. Here is more information on the project, with links to the other artists too. 

No comments: