Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blue Imperial



Sadly, I missed out on the days of these stylish, elegant, fin-adorned cars. Not that I wasn't around, I just don't remember much of anything. Way back in the crevices of my brain I do have a vague memory of seeing a pistachio green and ivory Thunderbird, (or was it an Edsel?) viewed from the back seat of my mother's station wagon. I distinctly remember thinking that it was really cool and maybe someday I could have one...
This painting was done as an entry in a painting challenge, of sorts, organized by my one of my favorite daily painters, Carol Marine. This challenge is just for kicks - no awards, prizes or winners, just a way of everyone painting together as group and seeing what each other is up to. Kinda like we are all in the same class painting from the same model. Its always fun to see other painters' interpretation and the variety of styles. To see the other entries, click here.
Blue Imperial
Acrylic on Canvas, 6x6" $100



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti, saw your posting on the DPW challenge and wanted to say nice piece. Enjoyed looking through your work here too. Happy painting to you!

Patti Mollica said...

Thanks Julie! I remember seeing your watercolor car as well - great job! Its awesome meeting other artists through blogs and these "weekly challenge" events - happy painting to you too - i'll look for your painting next week, next challenge... all the best, patti

angie Brooksby-Arcangioli said...

What deep colors you get. I love that blue, what is it?