Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bold Brush Painting Contest Finalist


(again:-) I'm really starting to like this "Bold Brush Painting Contest". Notification just arrived that I won the "Outstanding Acrylic" award for the second month in a row. What makes it particularly special is the high quality of work that was entered by other painters - all 696 of them. Ditto comments from last month : love being in the same circle of winners as some of my favorite West Coast painters, I'm impressed with the high quality of work overall in this contest, and the prize money is ...always sweet.
This is one of my favorite pieces, sold recently by my gallery in Provincetown, Simie Maryles Gallery, called "Into the Light". Right about now I'm feeling very motivated to dive "Into the Acrylics".

Into the Light (SOLD)
12x12 Acrylic on Canvas

5 comments:

Unknown said...

patti , i hate to say but i am not surprised at all!! i love this painting too!! i did not realize they out awards each month ... i surprised you dont win every month!! hooray for you!!

Sarah said...

Very excited to hear about your win and your egg! Mazel Tov!

Sarah said...

Patti,
Didn't realize that I was signed in as my daughter, Sarah.
;)
Best,
Beth

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Patti! A very unique painting. I am excited for you!!

Unknown said...

thanks Joy - its quite an honor!