Monday, February 14, 2011

Pooch Du Jour



Rube Goldberg would have smiled. No sooner had I settled in yesterday at my desk for a marathon day of 4 digital illustrations (for a Monday - today- morning deadline) with a steaming cup of coffee, when my 3-legged rescue kitty, Tut (as in King) jumped up to keep me company, and in doing so bumped my glass beaded lamp which toppled over towards the window propelling me to intercept the flying lamp causing me to knock over the entire mug of coffee which in turn spilled over, under and into both my laptop and my Wacom tablet. COMMAND Z!!!!! Next order of business was to soak up the pools of coffee and spend hours taking apart the now defunct Wacom Tablet, hit the innards with the blow dryer, jiggle cords, press buttons, restart the computer 10 times, call tech support, and ultimately go out and buy two new Wacom Tablets. Thats the easy part. Now its time to create 4 illustrations for my publishing client in 4 less hours than I originally thought I had. Um, what was that I was saying about digital artwork having more safety nets than traditional? How easily I forget...

Pooch Du Jour
Digital Image for Commercial Usage

3 comments:

Adria Arch said...

Oh Patti - what a BUMMER! But you write so engagingly about it all. I am sure you weren't thinking nice thoughts though, when you were in the midst.

Jerry Stocks said...

I especially love the pug since I am a pug owner. Great work!!

Patti Mollica said...

Yup - what are you gonna do - this kitty is awesome, i couldn't get upset - with only 3 legs he is amazing in all the things he can do, other than wreaking havoc on my desktop. alls well that ends well.
Jerry - i like the pug the best!